- Crown Cleaning: Selective removal of dead, dying, diseased or weak branches and water spouts from a tree’s crown.
- Crown Thinning: Selective removal of branches to increase light penetration, air movement and reduce weight.
- Crown Raising: Removal of the lower branches to provide clearance under the tree.
- Crown Reduction: Reduction in the height and/or spread of the tree. Often to reduce risk increase aesthetic appearance of the tree.
- Crown Restoration: Pruning which improves the structure, form and appearance of trees that have been severely topped, vandalized or storm damaged.
- Vista Pruning: Selective thinning of limbs to allow an improved view through the tree.
Remove unhealthy or unwanted trees safely without damaging your valuable property. Call on Ted Collins Tree and Landscape to do the job for you.
Full Service Tree Removal:
- Removal, Stump Grinding and Debris Disposal
- Specialized Equipment
- Skilled Experience and Personnel
- Proper Insurance
Cabling, Bracing and Repair
- Cabling: Reinforce weak limbs to promote the health of your trees!
- Sometimes nature gives an otherwise beautiful tree weak limbs. Ideally, forks should be formed in the shape of a “U”, but sometimes form a “V” instead. Then, as the two limbs grow, they compete with each other for available space until the weaker limb beaks. Our Arborists can insert a threaded rod at the fork and then a network of cables up in the crown to reduce the weight and the wind’s effect on the narrow fork.
- Repair: Storms happen!
- Upstate New York is known to have a storm every so often. Trees take the brunt of the wind and weather that storms throw at us. We recommend pruning services as a preventative measure for Hazard Reduction. However, if a storm does get the better of your trees, proper repair cuts, pruning and evaluation is highly recommended. Further steps to encourage the vitality and vigor of your tree may also be recommended.